So on February 15, 2011 the Town of Boone enacted an ordinance to control the use of all sealants with the most stringent being on coal tar. Highlights of the restrictions are:
- All sealant applications require a permit from the Town.
- No sealant applied if more than a 10% chance of rain in the next 48 hours.
- No CTS applied if more than a 20% chance of rain 7 full days after application completion.
- On CTS applications, filter media required for drainage inlets.
- On CTS applications near floodplains, filter media required on downgradient perimeter.